Monday

35. Aching feet.

THROW UP YOUR ARMS INTO THE SKY, YOU AND I.


The restaurant has been experiencing a tremendous influx of guests, thanks to the "Power of Media & Marketing". And typical Singaporean If-it-appeared-on-tv-then-I-must-try-or-risk-losing-face kiasu-ness.*

*Model Example: Typical 'cheapskate' family who dined at the restaurant last night. " You could be so lucky, lucky, lucky, luckyyy~!" Considering how other guests had to call not one, but two days in advance to make a reservation; you had us squeezing you in whereupon we could've easily turned up our nose and turned you away.

To make things worse, you vile old witch, you insulted us by asking if we serve RICE. Hello aunty, do we look like the "Tze Char" stall at newton circus hawker centre? And despite all my recommendations, you insists on having the simplest no-brainer items from the kid's menu. -.- Like? Fish 'n' Chips. And you stinge on starter and dessert. ONE bowl of soup to be shared among FOUR people?! Even the equation disgusts me as I type it out. And I suppose the food wasn't enough for you cos it took you HALF a fish to realize that it was oh-too-salty and had us replace a whole new slab of snapper for you.

And you still had the cheek to play haughty by complaining about the "poor service". To think I bestowed upon you my sweetest smile all along and made sure your water glasses was topped up and you were comfortable. ARGH. Poor service is dumping a whole jug of icy cold water onto your husband's lap so his family 'heirloom' aka balls can experience the wonders of Antarctica when you complained it was too hot yes.

I can take constructive criticism, but only if it justifies and in your case, cheapskatesss, it doesn't.

Over just one weekend, I broke my nail (never mind what remains of the 'manicure'), scalded my hand, suffered outbreaks, washed enough plates and utensils to cater for half of Africa and ran to and fro sooo much, the arch of my feet hurts. And poor Cherlyn has to go through that for consecutive 3 - 4 days. I take my hat off to you yo.


I hope business remains this good and not what you'd call a "one-off" thing. But we need more staff. Right now we're biting off more than we can chew.

-


All mine.
Helmet on the left? Mine.
Helmet on the right belongs to soldier;
Soldier = mine.

So ultimately mine.

What logic right. (:

No comments: