Friday

73. Late for late call.

WE'RE ALL ADDICTED TO PERFECTION,
CRITICS OF OUR CREATIONS.

I mentioned few posts earlier that I now have to re-adjust my body clock to conform to my new culinary practicum aka "bootcamp" hours: 10pm Bedtime / 5:30am Wake-up call.

Have I succeeded? Hmm..uh..eh.. More or less.
Am I enjoying it or growing to like it a teeny weeny bit? NOOO.

However, up till yesterday, I actually did fine and was never, (was close) but NEVER late. (Applause please) Then, yesterday morning I woke up at the first sound of my alarm and DELIBERATELY snoozed it, saying outloud, "The soup is not ready yet."

Minutes went by and suddenly, by some unseen force of nature, I opened my eyes and caught the faint rays of sunshine spilling in from the window. The birds were chirping exceptionally loud (it's usually still dark and quiet if I woke up on time at 5:30 am). My eyes darted to the clock sitting atop the television and propelled by the time it showed AND my heart attack, I sprang out of bed and made it in/out of the shower, out of the house and onto the bus in record time. The way I ran, you would've thought I was training for the Youth Olympics.

I'm no Gordon Ramsey-wannabe to actually eat, drink, breathe and dream about cooking. I think it's probably the number of hours I spent cooking during culi prac and the lack of sleep that has my body conditioned to thinking it hasn't "stopped" cooking even during the 4 hours of my supposed "periodic state of rest".

And after all that psycobabble, I've yet come to the mainpoint; in which the title was a derivation of. Yesterday, I came close to being late for Culi prac (notice how I always say 'Culi prac' instead of 'school'), today, I WAS LATE.

The reason why I emphasize on 'Culi prac' is because our grades for the semester is base on a daily marking system, as well as that of exams and practicals. Attendance and punctuality, much to my dismay, is one of the components. And because of a certain 6-wheeled public transportation, I was late.

The lecturers were apparently unimpressed by my "Youth Olympic-worthy-sprint". And I am not the least bit impressed with them brandishing their pens (like a fairy would her wand) and just like fairy magic, my marks for the day went "POOF!" right before my contacts-enhanced bambi eyes. At that instant I really wanted to stomp my feet on the ground and stab my stubby finger at the bus's direction and whine, "It's not meee! It's the BUSSS!!! It was stuck at the junction right outside school for TWENNY MEEENITESSS!!!"

But I didn't, would love to, but I didn't. Just gotta suck it up and chalk it to up to a bad day. The irony. I survived reaching school by 7:20 am for a good 3 weeks, but I was late for that ONE day lesson starts at 8:20 am.

No comments: