Friday

05. 2nd Friday the 13th.

TODAY WAS A TOTAL WASTE OF MAKE UP.

Friday the 13th is the thirteenth day in a month that falls on Friday, which superstition holds that it is a day of good or bad luck which in my case was...well, neither. My day hasn't been all honey-glazed and ideal - I'm at work and I haven't made a SINGLE sale. That, for one, is worse than having a run in my tights now.

BUT.

I was so bored (due to the lack of customers, I even vacuumed the shop!), and the radio was on and I sent a text for some OTOT contest (army thingy) and won myself two tickets to any movie of my choice! I know, I sound very "aunty" now, but hey, we're all suffering from recession, this is equivalent to a 'recession relief' since I didn't get the GST off-set money.

Now, let's backtrack a little to last night. Last night was totally random. Going to Herstory party at Zouk was totally unplanned, and the people we met too.

I was aiming for the sweet 'girl-next-door' look when I got dressed for work so you can imagine my horror when I went to Zouk - I stuck out like a sore thumb 'cos while everyone looked all diva-licious and glamorous, I looked like I was going for a picnic in Chinese Garden. Oh, the humiliation.

Random fact 01. I actually agreed to go to Zouk.

Random fact 02. Nic and I went with the intention to 'warm the seats' but we ended up dancing the whole night. It was as if we had donned on the magical 'red shoes'*.

*Anyone know of that story? About a girl and a pair of magical red shoes that will make you dance and the only way to stop was to have your feet chopped off. Yep, morbid I know. I read it when I was in Primary 2. The book had very nice illustrations and the girl kinda resembled Dorothy from Wizard of Oz.

Random fact 03. I held Rebecca Tan's waist while I was trying to navigate my way out of the dance floor. I had NO idea but imagine my pleasant surprise when I looked up and into her eyes. *swoons* I'm not exactly star-strucked b-but! *swoons* She's. So. Hot.

Random fact 04. I lost my virgin club kiss! Comfort in lust?

Here's your cue to gasp and curl up your lips in awe/disgust/fascination. "Whatever you like...yeah!" -That T.I song has got to be one of the most annoying song ever but it's stuck on me.

Random fact 05. (Totally unrelated to Friday the 13th) I'm dressed to club today, but I have nowhere to go except an invitation to hit Double O but the last thing I want is to club, again. Two nights in a row.

-

"P-p-p-poker face, P-p-p-poker face."

So my point is, Friday the 13th isn't all bad luck (contrary to most beliefs) and nothing nice but I still wish for more customers.

So I'm sitting here, waiting.

No comments: