Monday

01. Death of Blackcat.

IF YOU HAVE A SPARE HEART,
GIVE ME A CALL.

The death of Blackcat-luck led to the life of yet another online journal.

Trust me, the thought of keeping a tangible offline journal; one that is perceptible to the senses; that allows you to press the pen down so hard when you're angry, it leaves traces of your anger pages after - did cross my mind but...you can say that I just can't live with the nagging feeling of knowing that there's a free (note the emphasis on the word 'free') digital canvas out there that allows me to play out my fantasy of being a 'published author' and I'm not utilising it. That, will be letting the "aunty" in me down.

I'd like to think that I created this journal solely for myself; sort of like a soliloquy but we all know I didn't - otherwise you wouldn't be here, would you.

Point being, in writing about myself here, I think that I create a version of me that I could envy, and this helps me to distance myself from inner smidgens that I didn't want to talk about, and to see, in the written word. Most of what I did and said and thought fit into who I wanted to be.

Definition:

\Ver"bi*age\ {noun}
The use of many words without necessity, or with little
sense; a superabundance of words; verbosity; wordiness.

That said, here's to V-erbiage.

-

The Plain White Tees are clever when it comes to numbers. I don't particularly fancy this song but the chorus made me go, "awww!" Here's how it goes:

There’s only
1 thing
2 do
3 words
4 you
I love you.

It actually resembles a recipe; probably for something diabetic.

No comments: