Wednesday

108. Seriously

I MUST, I MUST, I MUST - I MUST INCREASE MY BUST!

When I first heard that rhyme (back in Primary 6 during CHIJ Katong Primary's 70th anniversary), I laughed OUT LOUD. This one-liner still amuses me till today.Yeap, my sense of humour hasn't changed much. On another totally unrelated note, 2012 promises (let's see if it proves) to be a very exciting year.

Firstly, in exactly a month's time; 29 days to be exact since we have 29 days this February, I won't have to go back to school ANYMORE! Yay or Nay? For someone who doesn't enjoy regurgitating what I read in exchange for marks, I'll vote for the former. No more school means I will finally quit my "double life" as a student/sales assistant to be a FULL-TIME.....that's where some serious decisions need to be made.

And while we're on the topic of 'serious decisions', I have made some decisions to make a few changes in my life:

1) Lose 5 kg. Now, cellulite and thick thighs (plus natural child-bearing hips) have always plagued me since puberty. If I am allowed to be dramatic, THEY HAVE RUINED MY ADOLESCENT PHASE and more than bruised my ego on countless occasions. If I was someone with little confidence, I would have flung myself off a building because "THICK THIGHS RUINED MY LIFE." Yeah, that's probably how I would start my suicide note. So thank God I am able to seek solace in my other shinier attributes like...I'll leave that for another day.

2) Invisalign. "For what?" STRAIGHTEN MY TEETH SO I CAN HAVE A MEGA-WATT SMILE. "But your smile is FINEEE!!!" So it is. Then can I do it so I can INCREASE THE VALUE OF MY CURRENT SMILE??? And even if it means spending my hard-earned $6k to (worst case scenario) $10k on getting my dream smile, I am WILLING to do it just cos it will make me really happy; YES, even when I lie in my coffin next time, I will leave specific instructions for my mortician to show my Invisalign-ed teeth.

It's so hard for people to understand your dreams because as long as they are not on the "same page", they immediately categorize them as "junk wants". It's frustrating. And worse is that you get berated or a whole guilt-tripping lecture that makes you want to surrender all your money to the Feedthechildrenfoundation.com (I made that up). SIGH. It's no wonder depressed artists commit suicide all the time. Because people don't understand their dreams. Van Gogh was depressed, Picasso was, so was Da Vinci right? And after they die, people suddenly value their creations and dreams they once had. (The fuck?)

So to wrap it all up, I am serious. I really want these and I thank anybody who'll support me through these decisions (ability to help me lose weight is a bonus).

I. Will. Get. It.

No comments: