Thursday

83. Worst day of 2010.

IF YOU DON'T KNOW ME BY NOW
YOU WILL NEVER NEVER NEVER KNOW ME.

They say the reason people resisted getting out of bed sometimes is linked to the natural desire to regress to the womb. A place of solace. A place where we're totally protected from the chaotic world outside.

I feel like I'm in need of the "retreat to the womb" therapy today. Today was the classic bad day - a series of unfortunate events. And I seriously mean series. Funny thing is, I didn't wake up tripping out of my bed, slipping on the bathroom floor or missing my bus. In fact, the bus came the very minute I stepped into the sheltered bus stop and I'd naively taken that as a sign of a good day to come. Can I be more wrong. Right after the piece of good news Miss Wilson shared with us regarding our grades, I envision them slipping to the point of no return.

Being in Baking and Pastry scares the hell of me, yes. I feel totally out of place in there. Like a caveman in Willy Wonka's factory - I love looking at everything in there and of course eating but other than that, I am totally useless in the bakeshop. It's...so foreign to me.

Well, I didn't exactly do anything "wrong", but I didn't do anything right either. And the cherry on top of the sundae was spilling a jug of milk all over the floor. That highlighted my clumsy existence to the Chefs (particularly Chef Fum) and I can imagine all the profiteroles on the table singing in harmony, "..there's no point crying over spilled milk."

Fast forwarding to the evening, I accepted an offer to buy tissue from a handicapped in hope to ward off my bad karma & I was ripped off $2 for a SINGLE pack of tissue.

The madness won't stop, will it.

No comments: