Friday

67. To feel is crime.

HUSH, HUSH DARLIN' HUSH HUSH.

I'd be lying if I say "I feel much better" after our phone conversation.
I'd be lying if I say hearing you call yourself a "fucker" didn't break my heart.
I'd be lying if I say it wasn't difficult for me to wear my heart on my sleeve and pour my insecurities out to you.

Adding it all up, it seems the situation would have been better off if I'd lied.

-

Everytime I yearn for something, I trade a bit of "me" to the devil himself. I live in a deluded world where all that matters is that something I yearn for - it seems that with that little bit, the sun shines brighter, the birds fly higher and my world seems better. So I keep up with this trade-off with the devil and keep giving away that little bit of myself until one day I get what I yearn for. Maybe by then, I wouldn't want it anymore because the trade-off took away more than I bargained for.



I wish I could communicate my feelings without hurting yours.

No comments: